If text message (SMS) is not working for you, try these steps:
- Make sure the number is valid and that the dial code is correct. You can use this link to make sure your country code is correct
- Check with your provider to make sure you can receive "promotional" SMS, since some providers classify Circle text messages differently than standard text messages
- Located in India? Please try again after 9am. According to some information we have, SMS will not be received if sent between the hours of 9pm - 9am IST. The SMS service provider Twilio writes about the issue here
- If you’re still having trouble, you might need to reset your device - please follow the instructions here and we'll be happy to help
If you use Google Authenticator or Authy:
Note: When signing-up and resetting your device you can only use SMS. You can change to an Authenticator application afterwards, but you need to prove you own a phone number.
If you are experiencing trouble with your Google Authenticator code and you are using an Android phone, it might be because the time on your Google Authenticator app is not synced correctly.
To make sure that you have the correct time:
- Go to the main menu on the Google Authenticator app
- Click Settings
- Click Time correction for codes
- Click Sync now
On the next screen, the app will confirm that the time has been synced, and you should now be able to use your verification codes to sign in. The sync will only affect the internal time of your Google Authenticator app on your Android phone, and will not change your device's Time and Date settings.
You may have to reset your 2FA device and restart Authenticator:
- Please go here, fill out the form with the requested details, and we'll be happy to help you reset your phone number
- Once you have reset your phone number, please enter your Settings
- Under Security, you can switch back to Google Authenticator
- Doing this will generate a new QR code for you to scan, and you should have no further trouble logging into the account