Since we started, our vision has been to make money work like the internet: instant, global, secure and free. Now we’re making payments more social than ever and diving headfirst into next-gen blockchain technology, rather than the buying and selling of bitcoin itself. What’s this mean for you? Lots of options.
1. Sell your bitcoin and cash out
To get your bitcoin out of Circle, just go to Settings>Currency and convert your balance to dollars, pounds or euro (availability is based on where you live). You’ll then be able to cash out instantly.
Note: You must have a valid linked card or bank account to do this.
2. Send that bitcoin packing
Move your money to any bitcoin address — including any exchange or wallet of your choosing — anywhere in the world.
3. Buy and sell bitcoin with Coinbase
Use our preferred partner, Coinbase, to continue buying and selling bitcoin.
4. Store your bitcoin with us
You’re welcome to hold bitcoin in your Circle account and it’ll be fully insured, like always. You can also receive bitcoin to any address associated with your account.
Note: You can no longer buy and sell bitcoin through us.
5. Convert to your local currency to pay friends and get paid
Go to Settings > Currency and convert your bitcoin balance to dollars, pounds or euro (availability is based on where you live).
Note: Once you switch your currency, you can’t return to bitcoin and you can no longer send money to bitcoin addresses.
A few reasons this option is 💯:
- Send money just like a text or email (or better yet, receive it)
- Travel between $, £ and €. Best rates. No fees. No, really.
- Put your money where your text is in iMessage
- 🍆 , 💩 and raccoons with grocery cart GIFs, for starters