How do I add money?
- Link a card. Your transfer will be instantly available. Cards are free to use.
- Receive money from a friend! You can either request funds from your contacts via the Circle app on iOS or Android, receive money at the email address you use for Circle, or receive money from friends nearby via Bluetooth
- You can also send money to your friends directly from your linked card, without needing to add money to your Circle account first
Timelines vary for different types of transactions - take a look at this Help Center article to understand how long it might take.
How do I cash out?
Transferring money from your Circle account is simple and secure. All you need is a linked card or bank account as the destination for your money
- On the main account page, select Cash Out
- Enter the amount you want to transfer and select the destination account for the funds
- Circle sends a verification code to your phone, alternatively you can use the Code provided by your Google Authenticator App (what is this?) to confirm your intent.
- Note: This feature is set by default for amounts over £30, over a rolling 24 hour period. You may customize this for an amount of your choice in the Security tab in your Settings page
- Upon confirming, you will be returned to the main Account page and see the recent cash out. It will show up as pending until the exchange is complete
Why can't I cash out?
There are several reasons why you might not be able to transfer your funds out
- Have you linked a card or bank account? If not, link an external account - we need to know where to send your money
- Make sure you have your two-factor authentication device on and available to authenticate your request. This is necessary for cashing out more than £30, though you can set the limit for this in Circle app settings
If you still cannot cash out, and you’ve verified that none of the above apply, feel free to contact us.
Weekends or holidays
Weekend days or UK bank holidays, such as Boxing Day, are not counted in the 1-4 business day timeline for payment card cash outs. They should not affect cashing out with a bank account. Business days are Monday-Friday only.